Think your dog is a “natural” for therapy dog work? Do you and she have time to spend, helping some of the “forgotten” ones to be remembered?
- Call or write us.
- Make arrangements to follow along on a Therapy Dog visit to see if it is truly something that you’d like to be involved in.
- The next step is for you and your dog to take a brief test on manners, basic obedience and whether your dog enjoys interacting with people and being patted. (Help your dog get off to a good start by following our tips on “Socialization Fun” for your dog.)
- You must also have a document signed by your veterinarian stating that your dog is up to date on all vaccinations and worming and is in good health
- Once you and your dog pass the testing, you will make at least 3 visits with the T/O at a facility.
- Once you have passed the test, made the required 3 observation visits with the T/O and signed & mailed in all your paperwork to TD, Inc., you will then receive your membership card & tag for your dog to wear on visits. You will also be covered under TD, Inc.’s insurance.
Click here for an information sheet to print and complete for submission to us.